Education: e-j&-'kA-sh&n -noun- 1:the action or process of educating or of being educated; also : a stage of such a process (Ok first, aren't you not supposed to use the word you are defining in the definition? Way to go Merriam-Webster!!) 2: the field of study that deals mainly with methods of teaching and learning in schools.
Ok, so now we know the definition. Yay. But really what is education? It's ridiculous, that's what it is. It is torture!
I attend the University of Missouri, read Misery. I am always excited when the beginning of a semester comes around. I am an Elementary Education major and I plan on spending the rest of my life in a classroom. I HAVE to be excited about the beginning of a semester. But I really do love to learn..um..about learning. Ok, this sounds so lame when I write it, but I do. It is absolutely intriguing to me to learn about how children develop and learn. And seeing as how it is not a science there are so many theories and schools of thought to learn about. Ok, this is not my point, I'm rambling and I will stop.
So, education. It is a series of schools (elementary, middle, high, and college) to which you must attend and live up to someone else’s idea of good. Uch! Someone else’s idea of passing, someone else’s idea of accomplishment.
Ok, so this is bad, no coherent thoughts, nothing. I am trying to watch television and write about this. So, a summary of my original thoughts.
I have only three classes, my thought was this would make the semester easier. Ha Ha HaHaHa HAHAHAHAHA!!! Ok, so a PE class, easy right? Yeah right. I don't like the idea of standing in front of 20 strangers and trying to teach them, that's why I signed up to teach elementary school! And Junior English should be a punishment for convicts. I love to write and that is just too much. And music....well well well. I never knew I was gonna have to sing in a classroom again.
So, there are my thoughts, scrambled and raw as they come. More to come I suppose.
Monday, August 23, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment